Pages

  • RSS
  • Twitter

6.10.11

Pina by Wim Wenders

Nowadays, few surprises seem to await moviegoers. If so, an extremely vanguardist film as The Three of Life of Mr. Malick or a twist in tone from Almódovar in La Piel que Habito. But not quite as extraordinary as what Wim Wenders has accomplished with "Pina".

Two days ago, I could hardly imagine myself recommending someone to see a movie - any movie - in 3-D. Even if it might look funny in cartoons, I often find it way too much and I like the fact that cinema is a bidimensional art. And now I encourage you to look urgently for a movie theather where "Pina" is showing in 3D.

Not really as seeing dancers live but even more so: you see them so close to you, so alive, lips trembling, watery eyes sparkling, heavy breathing, faces changes. What you miss when you see a dance show is how people are dancing also with their eyes, their ears, their fingertips... not this time.

Definetely, one of my choices of the year.

Pina / dance, dance, otherwise we are lost
Directed by Wim Wenders
2011 - 106 min.
Musical (says IMDB... I would say pure and simple magic)





No comments:

Post a Comment